Thursday, June 22, 2006

Passing the time

I passed my National Registry EMT-B written test. Although there was never really any doubt (ahem), it's still nice to see the words "pass" next to your name. I'm planning on getting registered as an EMT-B in Texas, and will try to do some volunteer shifts in hospital ER's and ambulances in Dallas and Houston in the coming months. More training, more learning...it never stops. Reminds me of a favorite quote: "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity".

I have been training with Rick Roufus (6x world kickboxing champion) for the last couple of years. I've had a lot of time to train recently, something about not having a job. Among the other things I'll miss in Arizona, I'll definitely miss working up a sweat with Rick.

Thanks big guy.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yes, I am THAT fast.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Christian Rosener said...

Never knew you did kickboxing. Where in the World is Dave today?