Monday, August 14, 2006

Life altering events

Every time I tell someone that I voluntarily put my current existence "on hold" to go do some exploring of the world, I get the "I wish I could do that" line.  Well...you can.  You just have to suck it up and give up some (if not all) of the comforts of your present life and environment.  It's been a crazy four months since I jumped off the cliff, metaphorically-speaking...and I'm still trying to learn how to fly before I run into terra firma.  Do chickens actually know how to fly?

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden/Chuck Palahniuk

About 48 hours to go before I hop a flight to Thailand.

Remember, it's not the fall that kills ya...it's the sudden deceleration.

Live it up.

Email access will be sporadic.  Please feel free to contact me via the comment section of the blog...hope everyone is well...take care!




1 comment:

Christian Rosener said...

Hello Dave, I just logged into your blog. I see you are leaving for Bangkok on August 16, 9:10pm. Not sure where you are at, but it is 7:15pm in Phoenix. Depending on your choice of departing airports you may already be in the air or waiting in the airport. Either way, God be with you on your flight. And I hope He helps you sleep a little. I can not sleep on a plane, so I would be a legitimate zombie if I did a little world traveling for 2 straight days.

It is great to keep up with your travels. Be sure to post often. We here leading "normal" lives are living vicariously for sure.