Monday, September 11, 2006

Pondering the rain in Bangkok

A big congratulations (and about freakin' time!) to my friends "ES" and "AS" on their engagement. They are very good friends, and great people...I wish them the best in their future together.

It's raining in Bangkok. Feels good, and doesn't make the city feel dreary at all. In fact, the rain seems to shine everything up a bit. Not a bad thing in my estimation.

I went to the Bangkok Fight Club last night. First rule is...I'm not allowed to talk about it. Second rule is...just follow the link already.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences at The Inn Crowd hostel in Singapore. Clean, good location (meaning easy access to mass transit and food), and a great staff. One of the best parts about traveling is meeting people from other places, and talking with them about their lives and experiences. Singaporeans (duh), Japanese, Chinese, Brits, Yanks, Aussies, Irish, Germans, Austrians, Australians, Norweigians, and other assorted fellow travelers sharing their tales, ice cream, snacks, and drinks. If any of y'all ever plan on traveling to Singapore, I'd suggest staying there. Much easier to meet people than the sterile environments you tend to find at hotels and other more, um..."upper-end" establishments.

Go #46 Il dottore! Go! ! ! ! ! ! !


Need to go find some books to read. Anybody have any recommendations?

No comments: